First Day of Fliming

 Today, after all our content research, planning, and storyboarding, we were finally able to start filming. I brought in my own props, makeup, and costumes needed for the scenes in the commercial. While in the refreshing air-conditioned classeoom room, we prepared for the shots. We were given a pass and went down to the main gates of our school to start filming. My partner and I both reviewed the scenes on the storyboard multiple times and then hit the record button! It took several adjustments to account for lightning, background and overall feel but we were happy with the final shots. We were excited because our scenes came out almost exactly like we planned on our storyboard. Though 90 minutes might seem like a lot of time when you are outside in the hot Florida sun, our session went by in a flash. Our only disappointment today was that we were only able to record 4 out of our 6 scenes in the time we had today. Our filming was cut short by the ringing of the school bell and our set was suddenly filled with students. Another problem we had was we  needed an extra person to help record. There were scenes that needed both my partner and I in the same shot. After seeing how the video came out, I realized we were going to need to do a lot more editing than I expected, such as adding the clips together, making them more professional and much more. The process was fun, but it was much more different from how I thought it was going to be. In my head, while we were still in the planning phase. I had thought that our commercial won't even take a day to have to film. I thought it might be as easy as taking selfies, but I was very wrong. I also thought capturing the seriousness of the commercial would be easier but my partner and I are not actors so it took a while us us to get things right. Finally, I thought because we have a high-quality phone and the correct background and settings that it would be no problem; wrong again.  None of these challenges mean that I am not excited to get this commercial finished and ready for editing. I know, it will be a best-seller once the editing is done.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Project

A Much Needed Break