Group Selection

 I was given the chance to choose up to 4 partners for this project. Though it is often highly discouraged by teachers to pick friends as partners. I chose two of my closest friends to help me with this project. Firstly, there is my close friend Michael who always sits next to me throughout the media studies class and was my partner on our first Media Studies project. I choose him because we work well together and he has a similar work ethic to mine. He also believes project tasks should be done expeditiously and works hard to make sure of that. He is very creative which is helpful when it comes to projects such as these. From choosing which angles and camera light we should use, to crafting the storyboard, he grasps all the aspects we need. Next, there is Sabrina. We do not share the same media studies class time but she is wonderful at analyzing and deconstructing film. She may be a little camera shy but overall a great working partner. Her analytical personality helps in nit-picking the videos to perfection. Mix her commentary with Michael's creativity and you have a perfect production team. The song we collectively chose was "Jealously, Jealousy" written and sung by Olivia Rodrigo. This eighteen-year-old artist quickly climbed the charts of the music industry singing passionately about her heartbreak and sadness over a breakup. Many of my peers are in love with her music. This song was an easy choice because of its simple storyline and lyrics, as well as its popularity. Though this isn't one of her fan-favorite songs, it is still a well-written song. The song is relatively short, making it easier to fit into the time constraints of the video. Overall, the ideas my group has already made for this Music video are the reasons why I choose both this song and my groupmates. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Project

A Much Needed Break